Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well another Christmas has come and this time we are surrounded by snow! Sure feels a lot more festive with snow. However I think our last local (Hawaii) was probably a little more accurate Christmas view. At the birth of Christ there was probably more sand and palm trees than snow and pine trees.

This year started with us working on the ship in the islands and flying home to the blessed northwest. Those five months at sea seemed to drag on FOREVER. Then we were home and we relished being back in familiar territory. I still have not found a place that I love more the the Pacific Northwest. I think its the rain. But I suppose that I should not compare every new location that we travel to with home. Our second job started in the middle of nowhere at a ranch where we were shocked at the contrast in guest count 3000 to 30! After a season of meeting some eccentric fly fishermen and some bloodthirsty hunters we were again glad to return to familiar territory. However we did not stay long. This time we flew to Prague, Czech Republic. This was vacation and we walked all over eastern Europe and then ended up in Israel and Jordan. While traveling we found out our job allowed us an additional week before arrival because of lack of snow. Blessed weather you have allowed us a calm before the storm and an additional week at home.

Now we are sitting together in our little home below the mountain at Big Sky, MT wishing you all a Merry Christmas. We are so thankful for friends and family. You are the reason we love coming home and look forward to our next visit. It is now just after noon and Steph is going to strangle me if I don't let her open Christmas presents! You can tell we don't have kids yet! We didn't even wake up until eleven!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: