Our lodge is very interestingly decorated. It is full of Persian rugs, hand carved wood paneling from Great Britain, Chinese antiques, bronze sculptures, crystal vases and original paintings from 3 artists. All three artists were here during our soft opening so Matt and I were able to meet them. Guests have struggled to describe the decoration theme, Western, Oriental, eclectic? I tend to think Mad Hatters Antique shop but I don't mention that description at the Lodge. The picture above is in the dinning room. You can see the large Indian painting, hand cut crystal vases, antique silver containers and two very large Chinese plates against the backdrop of a beautiful wood wall. These plates are $50,000 a piece. Apparently the artist never made two identical pieces of art but these two plates are a rare exception. The large custom made dresser that they rest on also happens to be our lunch buffet table. It is our "privilege" to handle these plates twice a day as we set up and then tear down the buffet. It is a ironic thing to carry something that is worth more then you will make in a year but we are learning that the lodge is full of such items. I would love to get a tour of all the antiques that fill the place. There are so many you take them for granted.
Our new co-worker started this week. I have not worked with her much but she seems like a great addition to our team. Her name is Star and she moved here from Iowa. She is year round as well. Hurray for 4 wait staff now! We are still uncertain whether or not they are going to hire our old cruise ship manager and his girlfriend. It would be great to have them out here but I think that means creating a new management position here at the lodge and I'm sure that requires quite a few discussions at the upper level. Matt and I are very thankful that the management here is so great especially being that technically, I think we have 6 or 7 "bosses". They are all willing to jump in and lend a hand when we need it and are very supportive. The owners, David and Flora Pratt are very laid back and easy to serve. We could not have asked for a better work environment!
We will post more pictures of the Lodge (being that for some reason, none of you want to come stay :-p). The Breakfast room is my favorite so far but they are all quite impressive.
Steph
3 comments:
Your mother and I are jealous! If there were a place for a quilter and a gardener/cinnamon roll maker, we would be on our way. Regardless, we will have to make the trip sometime to see things for ourselves--camping in the back yard of course!
Feel free to box one of those plates up and send it my way, I could pay for my college education with it :-) Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I had an interview @ Market of Choice (grocery store) today, for a kitchen position, once I get enough training I might come your way.
one of those plates won't pay for my college education... dang Western Baptist!
Post a Comment