Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Just when I though I'd left my ski rack on too long

So its the eleventh of June and we got a bit more than a dusting of snow. Whenever I express joy or pleasure at the sight of snow, the people who experienced a record one hundred feet of snow give me dirty looks. The worst part about the precipitation here is that the roads are all a mix of gravel and dirt, so everything gets covered with filth. The amazing thing is that all it seems to take is a day of nice weather and the dirt hardens like cement. The down side to this is that there is usually ruts from the mud and those stay until the next road grader goes by to fix them. This causes all the pointy parts of the rocks to be exposed and greatly increase the chances for flat tires. I guess the roads are good when its dry, good when covered in snow, just no so good in mud season. I think today will be mud revisited because as I'm writing this the snow on my car has almost entirely melted and the road looks pretty slick with mud.

No comments: