Sunday, December 6, 2009

The end of leftovers.....


Well, I am very sad of the change that has happened in the Kintner household.....you know there are those families that love leftovers and those that just let them rot in the fridge......Well, we've always loved leftovers but as I approach yet another Monday of throwing away all of the boxes in the fridge, I have to admit, we are one of "THOSE" families now. In the fridge right now is a pumpkin cream tort of some sort that Matt brought home from a banquet, really nummy looking steak from another night, two have a mix of veggies, potatoes, and meat, the pot has a wild rice tomato soup I made the other night and guess what I do for dinner tonight. I walk to Safeway to buy a cup of noodle for my dinner. Those little white boxes will all met the garbage tomorrow morning.
Another thing I do, I know the menu at my restaurant by heart but I still open it up and search hopelessly for what I want to eat or for a new way of combing the ingredients. (This task wouldn't be so hard if the 3rd sizzling plate of nachos you delivered to a table hadn't called out to you saying "Order me! Order me!" Tuesday I'm giving in.....but I'll get the small one....guacamole, sour cream....I've been thinking about you since yesterday!)
I also have found myself desiring Japanese food (hence the pathetic but oh so good substitute of cup of noodle) I have ordered California rolls numerous times in the last couple of months, cooked pots of rice for dinner and eaten with just soy sauce or this rice sprinkle I have. Matt and I have found after working in restaurants for so long all we want is Asian, Italian or Mexican! And guess where my second job is.....you'll never guess....thats right at a Steak House! It's opening up in Albany Dec 14th so it will be great fun to work at a brand new restaurant but I sure hope there is a Sushi bar next door....:-p

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

You make me smile Steph.