Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Bye-bye Christmas roses and birthday dirt
We're still making progress in the middle of November one sunny break at a time. Imagine my surprise when the sky was blue this morning when I woke up (that's around 830 in the waiter world) and great disbelief when it was still blue an hour later once I had eaten breakfast and seen my husband off to work. Where was the rain they said was here all week! I seized the moment, put my grubby clothes on and headed outside hoping to take advantage of the dry break. I spent over 5 hours outside and still no rain! I planted more bulbs....I am proud to announce that out of 600ish, I only have one bag of 50 left to plant and they are going in a couple of pots so piece of cake! I also was able to dig up my Dahlias and move the rest of my flowers into the new garden. With that done, I was able to put in the 3 newest vegetable beds Matt and I built on Monday. We only have 2 more veggie beds to build and install and then smaller beds for our vines that will go along the house so that they get the reflected heat from the house. (the sad little metal green arch symbolizes this) We are recycling the wood from our deck to make our veggie beds. I am so excited that our new vegetable garden might well be done before spring and ready to plant.
If any of the men in my life are reading this (husband, dad, Father-in-law, brothers etc...) be warned, I think I know what I'm going to ask for my birthday this summer....a men's work weekend to build me my new pavilion/pergola. You don't have to buy me anything, just sweet, grunt and groan for a long weekend. :-)
We can't wait for next spring to see how our grand yard plan actually turns out!
Matt suggested that I think about maybe opening a small nursery to sell things at the farmers market...I'm seriously thinking about it. I have 6 books from the library on starting your own home business, a large stretch of dirt in the the back still not landscaped..... but more on that next time. I even have a name picked out......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your poject looks very nice. Yes, I do try to follow your life.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment