Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A few views of our new home.

Zazu is a ranch dog with not much to do,
she will accost people walking up the hill
and force them to throw a stick for her. Although
she forces me to throw the stick both Steph and I
enjoy this funny dog. The building you see is our home,
we occupy a small apartment in the corner. The window
you see on the leftmost of the wall is our kitchen. Our
apartment is cozy and comfortable, we feel so blessed to have it.
Up above is where the twenty some Mexicans live. They are all
very polite but do not speak much english, save a few.


Here is our car (the cleanest its been all week). Behind is the ranch owner's newest helicopter. He has been flying every nice weather opportunity he gets. We've been told he gives everybody rides, whatever excuse necessary to get in the air.



Here is a rather poor picture of the dining room, I will have to take more with better light. All the woodwork (paneling, hearth, etc) has been designed and manufactured by a London gentleman who was our guest this week. He was a lot of fun to serve and told me today that all of the detail pieces were hand carved. I asked if he had people he worked with. He replied by telling me he had a whole factory of people who had been doing his work for decades. I will have to take more pictures around the lodge tonight and tomorrow in the daylight. Everything here from the carpet to the ceiling is top notch.


Well that's all I can think to say right now. Steph and I are doing very well and have enjoyed our work environment. It is so unlike the ship, they really try to set employees up with the materials they need to successfully serve guests. We have provided service in a style comparable to the cruise ship standards and been rewarded by much praise from guests, our supervisors, and the owners themselves. My supervisor even approached us and asked if we knew anyone like us who they could hire. I have given them the name of our old supervisor aboard the P/O Hawaii and hopefully we will get him out here as well. It has been so encouraging to offer great service and in turn be recognized for it.

Well I am resolving to be a diligent blogger, with some more pictures
to come in a day or two.

MK

4 comments:

The Drakes said...

Those pics are great! I am jealous you guys get to do something together that you both seem to really enjoy. Keep up the pics! talk to you later,
Kurtis

Unknown said...

Hey Matt and Steph,
It was so great to see you while you were home for a bit...now you have a new home and I think we will all be lucky when you come back to visit!!! Things look beautiful at the ranch! Can't wait to see more pics!!!
Take care and we think of you often!!!
From Kirsten and Brendan

Shalisa said...

I think you have comments dissabled on you most current post :)

How much fun! Annora thinks the horses look like a great way to relax!

Think we could afford a ranch visit!? HA!

Well, certainly not now that we added a deck to our house. Yeah! A deck!

Keep having fun!

Anonymous said...

You folks are doing some exciting things. Congratulations for the kudos for doing a good job. You might be surprised how that sort of effort will provide opportunities in the future.