Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 4 of Training

I say training because Steph is still at Piney Point while I have been sent home to work on my MMD app. I couldn't apply at Piney Pt. with Steph and the rest of our class because my middle name was spelled wrong with the DMV. The Coast Guard is really picky :) However They allowed me to stay for training with the understanding that as soon as I graduated I would go home, visit the DMV and apply for my MMD. I did exactly this, I got into Portland around 4pm and went strait to the Loyd Center express DMV. Surprisingly enough it really was express, I got everything taken care of, I should get my documents in the mail today or Wednesday. Then I will be off to Portland to speak with the Coast Guard.
Steph is still working at Piney Point helping to close the school. After I left she got moved to a different room with a really neat girl from Texas. If her MMD isn't finished by the end of this week then she will be coming home to wait for it.
I say this is is week four of training also because it has been a test of our faith, we have not worked for over a month now and have to trust that God will provide financially as He has before. I have my truck up for sale and hopefully it will sell. I also had good news that we may have renters for the house, they are still in the application process. Their desire is to move in on the 15th. We are learning patience all the time it seems. God continues to bless us and I am confident that He will take care of the details. He has blessed us this far, I am sure He won't stop now! God willing in a few weeks we will both be in Hawaii.

1 comment:

Shalisa said...

Praying for you guys. I know God is providing. Praying you don't have to be apart for much longer too!