Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More fruit




Living in the Will. Valley certaily has it's advantages. We have these places all over called u-picks. I have always taken these farms very much for granted. Althought today I was talking to a friend who had never heard of one. To be honest I pity anyone who has never had the pleasure of harvesting fruit. I'm sure if I did it for 10 hours a day seven days a week I would be of a different opinion but I am simply speaking of how much enjoyment is derived from picking tasety morsles off the trees and bushed to take home and freese/make into jam/create baked goods with. Today my wifes cousins Taylor and Dylan were helping me in my quest to maximize my fiber intake this year so we were able to pick nearly forty pound of fruit (blueberries, rasberries, and cherries)! After that we were hot and tired so after a quick detour to a friends house to share the wealth we headed home to nap and cool down. So I conclude with a final statement: the Willamette Valley is a fabulious place to live and I am sorry for all the people that never experience local produce.

Our hike yesterday to Silver Falls

No comments: